Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Word of the Day -- Shemomedjamo

Another from the collection of words that sum up a phrase or thought where there is no English equivalent.  I know this one way too well, as I love food:

Shemomedjamo -- You know when you’re really full, but your meal is just so delicious, you can’t stop eating it? The Georgians feel your pain. This word means, “I accidentally ate the whole thing." 

It's a Georgian (not the southern state) word and I couldn't find much more about the derivation history, etc. Or even how to pronounce it but I bet if I said it I would do it with a full belly and a belch. :-)


 ~ info from Mental Floss

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...