Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Monstrous NPCs for your game

So, I am working on several projects. One, as you might have gathered, is the Arms and Armor book upgrade. The other is a companion piece to the NPC Almanac. I enjoyed writing the NPC almanac - which is why it turned into such a long book. Its huge. The intent was a 150 page softbound and I ended up with a 2 200 pageish hardbound books. Ha. Steve was a little miffed. But now on to my follow up piece.

 


Monstrous NPCs.

My intent is to go through the entire monster manual and take 300 or so monsters and turn them into monstrous NPCs. Bossmen so to speak. The beasties will be described and each will be significantly more powerful than that presented in the book. They are intended to be used as major encounters or foils for the game. I am hoping I do not go overboard with this book, because well, there is a whole ocean of problems that could result from that. 



Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...