Friday, August 06, 2021

Word of the Day -- Sesquipedalian

For my second word of the day (take 2) I picked another long word.  It seemed only fitting since the description for Librocubicularist included sesquipedalian.  Both are words I have to look at the keyboard while I type them.  A lot of letters and a lot of syllables.  Hence:

Sesquipedalian: Having many syllables; or: characterized by the use of long words.

It's a great word, I think.  Rolls off the tongue better than most 6 syllable words.  It comes from
Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot.  And yeah, it's fitting don't you think?  Have a great weekend and we'll be back Monday.  If you have any word you would like me to dive into, put it down in the comments below! ~ Tim




No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...