Monday, January 02, 2012

What we know about Who we Knew

I often tell my youngsters and really anyone who will listen to me blather on for awhile that we are not really that far removed from our distant ancestors. We like to look at our buildings, computers, cars and what nots and say we have are superior to our ancestors in understanding and intellect. I don't really buy it. We are tool makers. Its what we do best, and we simply refine the tools we have. Now, reading this article on this 8000 year old bracelet I'm even more convinced of the idea. Either some dwarf of yore fashioned this bracelet or our ancestors were extremely skilled artisans, easily on par with today's...maybe more as their tools were as fancy.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...