Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Word of the Day -- Turmeric

 I have to admit... I didn't know what this was (and I consider myself somewhat of a fan of food) until my wife started having me drink it with apple cider and pepper...

Turmeric -- a bright yellow aromatic powder obtained from the rhizome of a plant of the ginger family, used for flavoring and coloring in Asian cooking and formerly as a fabric dye.

Right away I see something that is a favorite of mine. Ginger.  I really love the taste and smell of ginger.  It is just such a pleasing aroma.  Reminiscent of soaps, drinks, anything fresh.  I have used ginger in my cooking from stir fries to kombucha.  And I use turmeric all the time now.  Mary swears by it, from a joint healer to a cure all.  And who am I to question it?  She's so much smarter than me and the only wisdom I have found in this world is to listen to what she says.  

Turmeric.  Embrace it.  It's the next big thing.


 

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...