Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Word of the Day -- Anadromous

This one came into my mail box the other day (I'm just so thankful for fun things in email.  So much of it is just junk, but these words make my day) and it reminded me of watching bears on live cams fishing as the salmon make their way up the rivers.  It's sad for the salmon, of course, who are just:

Anadromous -- ascending rivers from the sea for breeding.

It's pretty wild to watch.  I'm sure you have seen it, the salmon swimming upstream, leaping out of the water, up a set of rapids and rocks to make it to their spawning waters.   Just a beautiful sight...



No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...