Monday, November 15, 2021

Word of the Day -- Euphonium

 In honor of my late father, who loved playing this instrument.  He also played the tuba and the trumpet (and subsequently led me down the trumpet path for years). But one year his high school band got invited to play in the Rose Bowl.  He told me that at least once a year.  He loved playing the:

Euphonium -- a brass instrument smaller than but resembling a tuba and having a range from B flat below the bass staff upward for three octaves.

Short and sweet word of the day today, folks.  Just was driving and thinking of my father.  This word makes me smile, so hopefully it'll make your day brighter too. 



No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...