Monday, March 03, 2014

It snowed in Little Rock and swords came out

The world has come to a halt. Cars don't move, schools close, water ceases to run, electricity stops flowing, the internet stops working and time moves backwards.

In other words, I am sorta irritated. When the world around you stops, sometimes you have to stop with it.

Snow, I love it. Seriously. What I don't love is the paralysis it causes in the south. On the other hand, it is something I completely understand. Few people are experienced with driving in the snow so, to avoid accidents, pile ups, injuries etc, its just best to hang low for 24-48 hours and let it pass, because I promise it will be gone within 48 hours.

Anyway. So I was out playing with the kids on the icy/slush/frozen sleet pellets whatever it is. We were swinging swords around and attacking one another. I fell. I slipped and fell so hard on my back I knocked the air out and bruised my shoulder.

Ha, the kids just laughed at me like a lot of goblins. Then I thought, fighting on a slick surface requires a dex check every round to stay up or take minuses to hit.

ice sculpture


No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...