Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Everything is deadly - musing

So, in looking for some interesting science news (planet stuff and fossils) I came across this article entitled "Meat and cheese may be as bad for you as smoking." Really? Seriously?
That chicken wing you're eating could be as deadly as a cigarette. In a new study that tracked a large sample of adults for nearly two decades, researchers have found that eating a diet rich in animal proteins during middle age makes you four times more likely to die of cancer than someone with a low-protein diet -- a mortality risk factor comparable to smoking.
Maybe, who knows? I have also read that jobs today (those which involve sitting more than a few hours a day) produce the same cardiovascular risks as smoking a pack of ciggys a day.

There is probably some truth to all this but me thinks it is related more to sedentary lifestyles than to diet. Though smoking is probably bad for you. Well, I think the jury has rested its case on that anyway.

So anyway, sitting is deadly, eating is deadly, not eating is deadly, working out too much is deadly, driving is deadly, walking can be deadly. Jeez, I guess all I can do is play a game of Castle and Crusades.

Oh and of course, living is deadly, and dying is really deadly.

And speaking of deadly, a 30,000 year old giant virus has been found.



Did I mention it's giant? HD 10d12, AC 17, Damage 3-18.

Everyone be safe today.

Davis

No comments:

This Puts the M in the Medieval Period

I'm not sure what was going on in the Medieval period, but I'm pretty sure it was very different than what we think. I think those p...