Friday, July 17, 2015

Burying the Dead Right

I've been to many cementers in my life, whether as a pall bearer or a historian poking around at old graves. They come in many shapes and sizes, from the indentation in the dirt where nothing but a wood coffin was set under the earth to the large Dome under which Napoleon sleeps. Alls hopes and sizes. 

Remember the dead is pretty cool, but it has never been so cool as when the medieval Kings, Queens and Lords did it.

To take the time to lay someone into stone is pretty cool, to do it in a massive church is even cooler, and then to take the time to carve a full size likeness of it out and place that on top of the tome is just damned awesome.

I think I'm going to start having sculptor do that for me now, so that when I Cross the Bar, as the saying goes, it will be ready to go.


No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...