Thursday, June 19, 2014

Aliens to Earth

Why haven't aliens come to earth. With all the planets being discovered, habitable planets that is, why is  it that aliens haven't traveled here from some distant realm and visited us?  This is a question posed by someone over at Space.com. They haven't it says, because of our special climate.

First off the hubris is insane. For a species that has only been cognizant for about 6000 years…20k at best….and has only had written language for about 4000 of that, on a planet that is supposed to have been swirling around the cosmic dance floor for 4 billion years, its insanely arrogant to assume that we can read the entire history of the planet and understand. Hell the shleestack could have ruled for a million  years and we might not know about it!

And who can sat that 2 billion years ago aliens didn't come here? Poke around. Take a bunch of resources and bug out. Who can say they aren't here now, poking around and seeing whats up? The assumption, because we've had radar for about 80 odd years, that we can see and hear everything is numbing to my brain.

Its a big world out there. Its a bigger solar system and even a bigger galaxy.

Has someone been here? How do I know. I have no evidence one way or the other, but I don't assume any one way or the other because I think humanity is special.

We aren't. We've just crawled out of the primordial sludge and are looking around. Give it a million years or such.

Of course some of us are a little special I guess . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who can sat that 2 billion years ago aliens didn't come here? Poke around. Take a bunch of resources and bug out.

Isn't the moon just a big tailings pile?

--Jeff

nobita said...

A rich and successful producer, Mr. Castigliani, wants me to go to the Apollo Hospital in Mysore and meet his sick daughter for two hours. If I do this and if the sick daughter is pleased by my performance then I will get to play the lead character in the very talented director of "Sylvia North Story ", Adam Kesher's next unnamed movie. And all I had to do was- I had to pretend that I was the sick daughter's boy friend. Sure why not! To be the lead actor in Adam's movie artificial intelligence- I'll be her God-damned husband for the rest of my life.

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...