Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Dragon Magazine

Dragon debuted in June of 1976 . . . if I remember correctly I had just mastered my skateboard and was tearing things up on the sidwalks and streets at Fort Campbell Kentucky . . . with the purpose of expanding the reach of the Strategic Review. It was an fantastic success.

The first 70-80 issues of this mag were fantastic, we started picking them up on issue 40 or 44, I can't remember. If you have a chance, pick up these early issues and give them a read. You can get most of them in PDF here and there. Of course there is nothing like the smell of a good, old magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my stash of Dragon Magazines. The orcs on the cover of Dragon #127 were, and still are, the best orcs I have seen.

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...