Friday, July 18, 2014

Clovis Man

Clovis man fascinates me and I have no idea why. Clovis man refers to those people who first came to occupy the Americas, crossing the land bridge up Alaska way…of course if your reading this in Alaska, its more under neath you…and came to dominate the North American continent, hunting the megafunda that occupied the area…mammoths and the like.

They died out at the end of the last glacial period, no one knows why. Or rather, their social structures evolved as Clovis man is the ancestor of most Native Americans.

At any rate, they unearthed a few gompothere in New Mexico recently and discovered spear points in them. The site dates to 13900 years ago and puts Clovis man back on the map.

Pretty cool.

I think Clovis Man reminds me of Davis (the other Troll Lord), every time I hear the words I see him standing there in his bath robe, wearing his daughter's glasses, a shirpa hat, a dirty tshirt, his wife's pajama pants and drinking coffee.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...