Friday, April 05, 2013

While You Were Sleeping

The last of the United States' heavy armor pulled out of Germany.

On March 18th of this year the last of our armor was withdrawn from Germany, loaded on ships and headed back home to South Carolina. The 170th and 172nd heavy armor brigades were themselves deactivated. The US has had an armor presence in Europe for over six decades, helping NATA keep back the Eastern Block and the USSR, all now defunct political and philosophical entities.

Pretty cool and pretty sad all at the same. Both my brothers served in Germany and my father when I was younger . . . I served in the Pacific, which is a bad ass way of saying I was in Hawaii!, so I have fond memories of living in Germany.

The march of history and all that.

Stars and Stripes.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...