Monday, December 27, 2021

Word of the Day -- Kilter

Today's WOTD is one of those words that you recognize from the phrase more than the actual word.  For instance, Mary and I were doing our morning puzzles and she said something didn't look quite right on the screen.  I noticed the laptop was partially on the blanket and I said, "Yeah, it's off kilter".  That got me to thinking, I really didn't know if the word kilter was an actual word or not.  Turns out it is:

Kilter -- proper or usual state or condition.

But no one ever really says: "That looks kilter".  Do they?  I don't at least.  Pretty cool stuff for a Monday; at least for word guys like me.

 



No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...