Friday, April 24, 2015

Breaking Bad

As with most television, I'm a late comer to this show. Started watching it a few months ago, and just wrapped it up a few days ago. I'm not sure what I expected when I got into it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Generally I don't go in for criminals who are pitched as the main guys...as criminals, well, they aren't heroes...but I took the dive with Breaking Bad. I didn't regret it. The show is so well shot, and the transformation of the main character Walter White was nothing short of genius, as its both sudden and gradual. The tale's redemption actually lies in the conflict with Jessie Pinkman, White's partner. He moves through the haze of the tale's action with both stunned silence and naive acquiescence.

The actors need a shout out here, because they take the raw text of what is clearly a very good story and bring it to life. At no part of the show did I step out and say, oh yeah, this is a tv show. They kept me in the moment the whole time.

And what ties it up? The last two episodes.

White's admission and Pinkman's rage are spot on.

Watch it.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...