Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mountains of Madness

I just started reading H. P. Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness. I've never been much of a horror fan so have passed over these books for years. My early exposures to it, movies like Friday 13th, left me with this vague disgust toward the whole genre. They seemed to be more a take on serial killing than anything else, slasher films. So I shied away from the entire genre.

Only reluctantly did I watch the Walking Dead, and this only because I was bored off my skull one night. I was instantly hooked.

This has led to a very gentle probing of the whole genre.

And I've only just now beginning to enjoy Lovecraft.

And like the Walking Dead, I'm blown away.

1 comment:

marroon69 said...

Lovecraft is great....this is true horror not a bad slasher film. Next you should try the short stories, like "The Colour Out of Space". Good stuff

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...