Sunday, September 09, 2012

Powered Down

---By Tim Burns, Junior Troll and all around nice guy...

The Main Troll Den was caught up in a powerful storm that wiped out power in the area.  So while they try and recover, the Troll Den North Annex (Maine) is going to try and fill the void.  As some of you may know, I recently came back on board after a hiatus of about a year.  In that time, I moved back to Maine, started teaching tennis again and #trolldog Maggie and I have been joined in our new adventures by #nontroll Mary, a social worker and fellow adventurer and her #trollcat Thumper.  Well, during our recent trip back to visit friends and family in Arkansas, Thumper decided to bust out of our apartment and is on the loose and, apparently, on the prowl.  So far, he has brought a few dead animals to the driveway and been spotted in the area twice, looking anxious and skittish.  We have set up a trap for him in the woods nearby and hopefully he will decide that frisky cat food is better than moles or mice.
You may wonder what it is that I do for the company all the way up here.  Well, thanks to the wonders of technology, I'm able to do most of the advertising and some of the long term planning for the direction we want to head.  Even in my absence as the communications guy, I was still doing some of the editing, having worked on projects, including Amazing Adventures, which is just about ready to go.  You can find out more about this project by going to our Amazing Adventures preorder/pledge page, where you can preorder it along with making a pledge.  There are many different levels you can choose, along with a bunch of goodies that come along with getting in on the ground floor.
In a nutshell, I'm here to help get the word out about our products, try to increase our presence on the web, and to try and answer any questions you might have about Troll Lord Games, Castles & Crusades, or any of our other products.  We have reinstated our Deal of the Day, which will give daily specials on items in our stores, sometimes in PDF and sometimes in print.  In short, each day we post on the Castles & Crusades page and on Twitter what our special is.  Monday - Thursday we do a daily special then Friday - Sunday we have a 72 hour "six pack" special.  Actually this week it is a 12 pack, because we've teamed up with Fat Dragon Games to give you an extra special weekend of deals.  You can view that package here: Six Pack.
If you have any questions about TLG or C&C, I'd love to hear from you.  I'm still setting up my Trolllord email, so for now you can email me at redsoxburns@gmail.com or find me on Facebook through our Castles & Crusades website or our Twitter account. 
At some point soon, I'm going to be looking to play some C&C! As some of you may know, I've known Steve for over 20 years but I was his college friend and not part of the gaming crowd.  But I've been interested for a long time and want to get involved playing because it looks like a lot of fun (I've been to several cons) and to better help you guys out.  So I may be looking for some advice and even a few online buddies to teach me the ropes.
Well, thanks for reading and we hope to have the Main Troll Dens back up and running tomorrow with its regular blog and host.  Trollzah!
Tim Burns
Communications Director
Troll Lord Games -- Castles & Crusades

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Where in Maine are you? I'm just learing C&C with my kids. We are 45 minutes west of Bangor.

Daniel

Troll Lord said...

Daniel, I'm in Biddeford, just south of Portland. I used to live in Rockport, though, and I play tennis in Bangor some. How are your kids enjoying it?

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Portland when I was in college. My kids love it, the hardest part is that I now have to be the CK. I feel like I'm always running out of ideas! :-)

I used to play D&D growing up, but my friend was always the DM.

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...