Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How will the world end - by Melancholia of course

Melancholia (warning, the website for this movie not only gives away a lot, it is a nightmare of navigation and overloaded graphics and crap and slow scrolling and blah - or maybe its just my computer. still worth a visit).

Melancholia is an awesome looking movie about the end of the world. The world ends when Earth and a wandering planet bounce into one another. As a general rule, as I age I tend to like my movies action packed and full of daring do. A movie that takes me away rather than pulls me in. Yet,every once in a while my youthful eagerness overcomes and I am dawn to a movie that pulls me in. This appears to be just such a movie.

Of course, everyone dies, so it's my cup of tea. And by everybody, i mean everybody.




No comments:

It was an interesting journey Kathy and I took out west. We landed in Vegas and wandered north out of town with the purpose of circling the ...