Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Word of the Day -- Meander

Wow... I just realized it's been a week since I did a word of the day.  If I don't keep to a strict calendar, the day just gets filled up and I forget completely. Which is crazy because all I do is think about words.  But sometimes it's easier to think about them than to write them.  And sometimes my brain just takes a:

Meander -- a winding path or course; a turn or winding of a stream.

Meander comes from Greek Maiandros, an old name for a winding river in Asia Minor that is now known as the Menderes. Despite this origin, the word is more commonly used to refer to a person's wandering course than a river's.

All I know is, I gotta get my brain back from meandering and get back on the WOTD!



No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...