Monday, September 07, 2015

Join the People Zoo

The robot was built and programed by a roboticist (I didn't know that was a word) David Hanson and made to look like Philip K. Dick (author of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" aka Bladerunner) has promised to keep his human friends in his human zoo.

The whole thing is programmed with material from David and Dick's novels as well as stuff it has learned on the internet. It is evolving its language skills all the time, so it is difficult to discern what whether what it is saying is programmed or not learned. 

“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”


I wonder if it would give me Dr. Pepper, the Silmarillion and let me watch Mad Max on a big screen .  . . "Observe the human in his natural habitat!"

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...