Monday, September 28, 2026

It was an interesting journey Kathy and I took out west. We landed in Vegas and wandered north out of town with the purpose of circling the Nuclear test sites and Air Force Bombing Range. It would allow me to get an idea of the terrain around which so much of my current reading involves. The country was amazing. Open. Empty. Desert. Just a wonder to travel through. 

The roads seem to go on forever. I've driven on long highways in New Mexico and Texas but there was something mystifying about those in central Nevada. A length that defied the mind's eye. Car lights at night lingered on the horizon forever until a sudden movement made you realize what it was. A single point of light, I'm guessing Venus or one of the stars, shone so brightly over Area 51 that I was taken aback.

An absolutely amazing journey. We traveled 1,400 miles in three days, by car. Wonderful time. I'll try to write up the adventures in coming days. 

No comments:

It was an interesting journey Kathy and I took out west. We landed in Vegas and wandered north out of town with the purpose of circling the ...