Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Toe Holds in Paperwork

At long last it seems as if I have control of the paper work on my desk. I still have lots of mess to catch up on, but this mess is filed away in one of the two filing cabinets we have here and I can't see it, so it makes my slate appear clean, even if its not.

Things have slowed this past week so that has allowed me to play catch up. Most of the orders have gone out, there are still some problem children here abouts, most of them with Goodman Games products attached to them. The shopping cart on our website is supposed to link to Joe's site, not mine, so we've been getting orders for his books and we really don't stock them here. But we'll get it straightened out shortly.

Last Friday saw Peter and I working on the large Darkenfold map. He's turned over a 24 x 30 inch rough map upon which I'll go through and enter the various place names. Once that's done I'll turn it back over to him for finalizing. I'm hoping that this will make its debut with C2. Speaking of which, I bailed on all things mundane to work on C2 Shades of Mist yesterday. I had to delete about 700 words, but wrote a further 3800 so I had a nice net gain of over 3000 words. Its going very fast now as I've caught up the grove of the book and it should be done by week's end. And with a little luck I'll be able to put a wrap on Crusader 8 articles and get that to editing.

I spent the better part of today working on Aihrde Folio material, prepping it for upload on RPGNow which may happen as early as this afternoon. Its a rather bothersome and time consuming task as the covers have to be formatted for the downloads and another file formatted for the pic on the site. Each file will need its own cover and pic, and there are six maps and two books. So it took a few hours to prep all that mess. This afternoon I tackled a bit of admin stuff and resumed shipping of orders. Had a nice long wait at the post office as several stamp people gathered a bit of moss in front of me. No bother though, I was tired and just stood there.

Its about time we talked about a few projects that have been lingering around here for awhile. Namely the CKG, CC Basic, Gord the Rogue and KoE KoF. Easiest first.

Gord is set to go to print tomorrow. It should be making its debut in bookstores around the time of Christmas. We had a few galley copies made for Gencon but these didn't arrive on time and when they did there was some problems. So for those who have orders out there, look for them being filled very soon.

KoE/KoF is being worked on by Alvin Helms. He's been the designer for Crusader Journal for the past 3 issues and from what I've seen on the game so far it looks amazing. He's working on a playtest version we can get to some distributors to get the game some better exposure. This should be complete any day now. When its done we'll post some stuff and let folks have a sneak peak.

CC Basic is my puppy from start to finish. Davis will look over everything when its done, but I'll do the lions share of the writing. Some of this is done, most of the class work and sundries, but it does need playtesting. As soon as it gets a little further along I'll hunt down some folks. I already know the volunteers I'm going to pick to run the puppy. I will commence work on this again after C2 and Crusader 8 are finished and in editing. Hopefully that will be in the next week or so. I"m going to work hard for this product to make it by Christmas. Damn hard.

(Hmmm. I got to talking to Peter and forgot I was doing this entry haha)

Castle Keepers Guide: Davis is working with some of our best writers on this project, including Casey Christofferson. They have turned over quite a bit I know and Davis has been organizing it in files ready for first round of content reading. Much of this will need playtesting at some level, but that shouldn't hold it up too much. I know folks have been looking for this for a long time, but for the first time in over a year it has our full attention. In fact its just about all that Davis is working on. I had hoped to see this out by Christmas. I was confident that it could such a release, but I'm beginning to loose that confidence.

But there is many slip between a cup and a lip and maybe we'll pull it off by then after all.

I know its not much info, but its a bit and it does keep us all abreast of what's going on...sort of.

Thanks for Playing,
Steve

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...