Monday, December 02, 2013

Amazon Drones

Amazon made a surprise announcement this past weekend, letting 60 Minutes crew know that they plan to launch an army of drones that will deliver packages to your doorstep within 30 minutes. It is called Amazon Prime Air and is expected to be operational in the next 4-5 years.

I always meet these developments with mixed emotions. I have no idea how this plays out on the one hand, people getting hit with packages, or worse the drone; or people pretending to get hit. On the other hand it'll go easier on my grass as the UPS man won't be running across the lawn. But then again how does it work in air space? How high do they fly?

Its a cool concept, would probably cut down on all manner of expenses from gas to rubber to maintenance etc etc.

I do wonder how this is going to play out with my EMP, which I set off randomly as a form of home defense. It really upsets my neighbors, but hey, you can't be to cautious.

2 comments:

Dirty Bowbe said...

I think in given markets people will try to blast it out of the sky or figure out how to steal the drone. Another Jeff Bozo stunt he hasn't thought all the way through yet.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how well these things will be able to handle changing weather patterns. Will I get a message that a delivery can't be made because it's too windy?

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...