Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weekend

Doing nothing.

Productive.

So I was making an egg and put a tad of water onto the skillet. I was testing for temp. The water bubbled and bounced as single droplets for a few seconds. Perfect temp. Watching the water bounce on that searing hot cast iron skillet mesmerizes me. So I finally got around to trying to figure out the chemistry behind it.

It appears to be the Leidenfrost Effect.

Though some people claim its the Van der Waals force.
I can't figure it out. As if it would matter. I can't understand anything I read and the water would still bubble and bounce regardless of which I believed it to be.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...