Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Valhalla Rising

I finally had the chance to watch this movie last night. The setting was cool, costumes; the gritty realism of the picture. All of that was really cool. But beyond that the movie lost me. I hadn't any idea what was going on during most of the film, who the characters were or why I should care about them. The story was utterly lost on me as well. The scene where they all might sort of go crazy but not really made zero sense to me. I'm sure the whole thing was an allegory, but for to what end I could not say. Reminded me of the scene in Young Guns when they eat the peyote; it just need crazy charlie's shooting at Chickens!

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...