Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Warner Bros DC Line Up

I'm a huge DC fan, always have been. The only titles I read from Marvel back in the heyday was Marvel Two-in-One, Tarzan and Godzilla…I seem to remember they did the John Carter run too, that was real good. Its not that Marvel was bad, just that DC was it for me. Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman. There were the iconic heroes I loved to read.

Now we have a wave of movies coming out, and I'm not sure what to think.

Here's the line up:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

I find it odd they have Shazam in there. What? Shazam? Okay I guess.

I don't like the Batman v Superman thing, never have. The whole I'm dark and I'm light side of super hero stuff has less appeal to me. If your going to do that, do it right. Do it Frank Miller style in the Dark Knight. But maybe, just maybe….

Wonder Woman, Sandman should be sweet, as long as they keep her as a tough hombre.

Flash and Green Lantern. I get these heroes are popular but second tier heroes, but their abilities have little in common and they make a weird team up. But hey Mac's (co creator of C&C) favorite hero is the Flash and mine is Green Lantern, so maybe it will work out!

And why are we waiting for 4 years for another Superman movie? Good grief.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...