Friday, September 13, 2013

Now That's a Monument

If you are going to celebrate a moment in history, if your intent is to snatch a moment in time, and recreate it so that people for countless years can see it, understand it, enjoy it, marvel it. If you want to immortalize anything, then this is how to do it!


The Mongolians put this up in 2008 to celebrate Genghis Khan, one of the world's greatest conquerors.  Its 40 meters high and overlooking hundreds of acres of open steppes. There is nothing near because nothing can compare to Genghis Khan in Mongolian history. I'm not sure I would have gone with stainless steel, but hey, carry on.

This is how not to do it.


This represents, I think, the famous scwiggly lines of kindergarten.

post script: I know I know. Modern art is a subject look at the motion that dominates modern society, or what we think makes us unique. And I'm just poking fun.

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...