Saturday, April 06, 2013

My best situational joke ever!

I love puns.  I love jokes.  I love bad jokes. Here's how I got to combine them all the other night.  My lovely niece Caroline was to Maine visiting us from Virginia this past week.  She's 25, smart, beautiful, witty, talented and exceptional (yes I'm biased).  My brother Rick had sent along with her some spices to make his favorite spaghetti sauce.  So one night I was putting it all together while she visited in the other room with my father and fiancee.  I had a question about the recipe, so Caroline got hold of my brother so we could ask him.  Like most younger folk these days, she uses Skype for all her long distance contacts.  She got him on a video call and brought the laptop into the kitchen, holding it in her arms.  I stood there with her, asked him my questions, then we all got to talking, catching up for a few minutes.  After a bit, Caroline started trying to wind down the conversations.  She said her arms were getting tired, holding up the computer.  I looked at the picture, saw Rick and with a huge smile I said....

He ain't heavy, he's my brother!!!!!!!

And I proceeded to laugh and raise my hands up in triumph of my greatest on the spot joke ever.

Caroline rolled her eyes...

Rick hung up on me...

I continued to smile. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but picture the scene towards the end of The Incredibles where the little kid on the big wheel stops, stares, and then says "That was totally wicked!"

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...