Friday, March 01, 2013

Long Live the Turtle

Lately I've been thinking that I want to live forever. This  thought never really appealed to me until I decided that we live in between the really cool interesting days of High Adventure or knights to Indians and the even equally cool sounding space journeys as we chart out the galaxy.

Though I hold out little hope, this turtle give me pause for thought. Apparently he lived in a box for 30 years in some kind of semi-hibernation state or some such. His longevity defies the experts, but he's now, since discovered, being coaxed back to life.

National Geographic.

He has some ability to slow his body down and live off of padded reserves. Of course with my high body metabolism its probably a no go. How I would store up padded reserves is beyond me . . . and the Dr. Pepper would be tough.

But maybe its the box that kept him alive all these years. Maybe I just need myself a magic box.


Hmmm. On second thought, that box might not be the right one for me.

1 comment:

DesignZombie said...

Or maybe they released a vampire turtle into the world! May the gods save us! ;-)

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...