Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Old Cities Beneath the Jungle

This is older news but Davis brought it up last night while we were binding books and chatting about archeology. It would seem that just prior to European's arrival in the Amazon there was a thriving civilization there . . . different from the Inca of which we have all heard. It isn't known for certain how large these networks were, but several communities have been mapped that were at least as well organized as a medieval town. Its not known why or where the societies collapsed, but the most prevelant theory is that that European disease wiped them out and the scattered tribes that exist today are all that remain.

Read More.

These stories always play well into any Howardian setting of sword and sorcery. Ancient cities, fallen to the ravages of roaming armies and consumed by timeless nature.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article
or vice-versa? My website goes over a lot of
the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!


my blog - low fee cash advance
My page :: learn more

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...