Friday, January 06, 2012

Warlord of Mars

You've probably heard of the movie coming out, John Carter. This is of course a movie based on the Warlord of Mars books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, some of his best work. As least it is in my opinion. But after a brief visit to my local comic book shop and a nice discussion with Mike who runs the place, I learned that there are several new comic runs for the Warlord as well.

Dynamite is putting one out with their normal run of variant covers. The art looks good though does not convey my conception of the characters. Mike said they were pretty good. Generally speaking they are getting good reviews. My only gripe are the variant covers, I can't remember half the time what I've bought or read!







But its nice to see the whole subject getting another treatment. The Princess of Mars is one of the best sci-fi books ever written, scoring major for orginaliy.

Of course the movie will be another thing, but the comics may be worth checking out.

Always though, will be this image of the Warlord and Mrs. Thoris!

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...