Monday, January 09, 2012

Trolls to the Right of Me!

So I look at the old 1st edition Trolls and must confess that I never liked them. The long skinny arms and the hair with nose made them look more like to a hag than anything else. I'm not even partial to the green skin, though that kind of looks cool in a swamp creature sort of way....



Of course this second image is from the movie Legend. That is the hag, Meg from the movie. But you can see the similarity.

But I must say of all the depictions of the troll over the years, I think my favorite is still the ones that appear in the movie The Hobbit. These are just cool! Of course its probably some residual memory from my childhood that allows me to bask in the warmth of their awesomeness!

4 comments:

Fredrik Hansson said...

As a swede, my troll-tastes run in the direction of John Bauers trolls and the trolls of Drakar och Demoner, the swedish rpg. Large raggy haired brutes with bulbous noses and runes scratched into their swords and axes. In the snow.

Troll Lord said...

Okay. I'll bite! Do you have a pic of one. They sound pretty darn cool!

Anonymous said...

Great article! This is the type of info that should be shared
around the net. Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this post upper!
Come on over and discuss with my website . Thank you
=)

Here is my weblog - advance loans

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette reviews, e cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette, e cig forum

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...